Read Transcript

We do a lot of oral surgery. Some of it is simple, some of it is fairly complicated. If it's too complicated, we have a specialist do it. Very often we provide some anti-anxiety medication. Halcion has been a wonderful addition to our arsenal because it helps patients to relax while the surgery is being done. We probably do about 90% of what comes in the door, but the other 10% we refer to the specialist.

Oral surgery is an important aspect of what we do at Robert D. Moores, DDS. About 80 percent of the oral surgery cases that come in the door are completed right here in our building. Dr. Moores has decades of experience and a compassionate staff. Both work together to give you a fantastic surgical experience at our Paradise, CA dentist office.

Call our office at (530) 413-7002 to set up a consultation or appointment to discuss your surgical options. Oral medication is available for your comfort.

When Oral Surgery Benefits the Patient

Oral surgery is not something that you would opt into on a whim. Dr. Moores uses oral surgery to improve the health of your mouth. Much of the surgery done in the office is to remove infected or irreparable teeth.

Tooth Extractions – When a tooth cannot be repaired or saved, it is time for it to be removed. Leaving an infected tooth in place puts the rest of your mouth at risk (and can be incredibly painful).

Wisdom Teeth Extraction – Dr. Moores is able to complete about 80-90 percent of all wisdom teeth extractions that consult at the office. Removing these third molars is commonly done during young adulthood, but some patients require the surgery later in life.

Bone Grafts – A bone graft is sometimes required before a dental implant can be placed. Dr. Moores will often consult with an oral surgeon to ensure the best outcome for the patient. He may even complete the bone graft immediately after an extraction to allow it to heal early and completely before a restoration is placed.

Trust Dr. Moores with Your Oral Surgery

When Dr. Moores recommends oral surgery, he does so with the patient’s best interest in mind. If he does not feel 100 percent confident that the patient will receive the best outcome in his office, Dr. Moores will refer the patient to a talented local oral surgeon. The ultimate goal is for the patient to have an exceptional surgical experience.

Call our office at (530) 413-7002 or use our online form to request an oral surgery Paradise, CA area appointment. Dr. Moores will give you advice on how to best accomplish your smile goals.

If you have any questions about how we can help with your dental care, or to make a new appointment, call us today at 530-413-7002 or fill out our online form.

We look forward to speaking with you! (530) 413-7002 Make An Appointment Online

Latest Blog Article SEE ALL

Our Preventive Dentistry Includes Athletic Mouthguards

While our Paradise, CA dentist’s office can’t prevent every possible injury, an athletic mouthguard from Robert D. Moores, DDS, can help protect your teeth from ...

READ MORE

The Truth About Toothpaste

Robert D. Moores, DDS, is the go-to place for preventive dental care in Paradise, CA. Our professional teeth cleanings, dental sealants, and comprehensive exams will ...

READ MORE
ebook-img

GET OUR FREE E-BOOK

Eat the foods you love again! Free e-book! Fill out the form below for instant access.

Top